UB Art Gallery at the Center for the Arts, located on North (Amherst) campus, was founded in 1994. The Center was designed by Gwathmey and Siegel Associates Architects, and features 5,000 square feet of exhibition space in its First Floor, Second Floor and Lightwell Galleries.
UB Anderson Gallery is located at 1 Martha Jackson Place, near the South (Main Street) campus. Donated in 2000 by David K. Anderson, the building is a renovated elementary school, originally built in 1931 as PS 83. Anderson converted the school to a state of the art exhibition space and ran it as a commercial gallery from 1991 until 2000. In 1992, the Landmark Society of the Niagara Frontier recognized Anderson for his “exemplary adaptive restoration of a historic building.”